Monday, 27 October
At our last EclipseCon in France, we initiated the Eclipse Unconference for the Working Groups.
It was a big success, and we are pleased to offer this at EclipseCon Europe. So plan to arrive a day early and join us on Monday, October 27 at the ECE venue.
The Unconference is designed to provide the types of networking, activities, and casual interaction that is ideal for Eclipse Working Groups and similar initiatives that bring many different people and organizations together.
The Unconference principles are simple:
- No presentations or talk tracks (that format is reserved for the conference)
- Brainstorming sessions
- Live coding sessions
- Poster session during lunch
The schedule is also simple:
- A short welcome session for all attendees to start the day
- Two sessions of 1.5 hours in the morning
- Lunch shared among all Unconference attendees
- Two sessions of 1.5 hours in the afternoon
- Sessions are synchronized to make it easy to move from one to another
Unconference participants help design the agenda. We use a page on the Eclipse.org Wiki as our live planning doc. Let everyone know what you would like to talk about, learn about, or share by adding it to the Unconference wiki page. You can also edit the wiki to suggest a session, comment on a session proposal, or indicate your interest in a topic.
The Unconference is free for EclipseCon Europe / OSGi Community Event registrants. For those attending only the Unconference, there is a fee of €50 + VAT to cover food and other expenses. To register, see the conference registration page.
Questions about the Unconference? Email us.